It is very important and necessary to double check everything once you develop your thesis. One of the most essential is your thesis statement just to make sure that you are in the right track. A thesis statement is an argument that needs to prove. It should be argumentative and debatable. It is a strong statement that provides evidence from reliable sources since it will be the main idea of the entire thesis. A thesis statement should always have a plenty of reliable sources to support your claim.
The following are some problems with the thesis statement:
- Thesis statement is too general or vague or too broad. It should narrow.
- It is a statement of the fact. If it is a statement of the fact, it should not require any research or studies.
- It is based on emotion. If it is base on emotion, it is difficult to research.
- It is not argumentative and debatable.
- It is not acceptable by the society.
- It uses vague language.
- It is a product of critical thinking.
- It is not supported by reliable source.
- It is too specific or too detailed.
- It does not present concise, clear, and strong argument.