Related literature and studies plays important rule in your thesis or dissertation because it serve as a foundation of the proposed study. Related literature is composed of discussions of facts and principles to which the present study is related while related studies are studies, inquiries or investigations already conducted to which the present proposed study is related or has similarity.
The following are sources of related literature and studies
- Books, encyclopedias, almanacs and other similar references
- Unpublished thesis and dissertations
- Reports from seminars
- Official reports from educational, social, economic, scientific, political, etc from the government and other entities
- Constitution and laws
- Bulletins, circulars and orders derive from government offices and departments.
- Records of schools, public and private
- Articles published in professional journals, magazines, periodicals, newspapers and other publications
- Manuscripts, monographs, memoirs, speeches, letters and diaries
Usually, the sources of related literature and studies are found in the libraries, government and private offices, and national library.