August 6th, 2012 |
I have many friends who are finished in academic requirement but not for their thesis requirement because of difficulty in choosing the right topic for their thesis. Finding a thesis topic is difficult and frustrating. They can’t even think the best topic that will get an approval that’s why I would like to give tips on how to pick up thesis topic.
The following are some tips on selecting thesis topics according to my adviser.
- Know your major interest based on your personal experiences that are important and meaningful to you. Select a topic you always love.
- Identify the kind of data or information you would like to study. Also, make sure that your adviser is knowledgeable about your chosen topic.
- Think of some theories you want to prevent and also some literature you are intrigue or curious.
- Recognize the career goals you want to pursue. Select a topic that will helpful in your career path or in your field of specialization.
- Narrow your selected topic. If the topic is too broad, you will be spending too much time gathering piles of information but not sure if these data will be used. Let your topic manageable.
- Make sure that the topic you selected is unique and original.
- Select a topic that can be used in future studies and advancement.
July 19th, 2011 |
One of the biggest obstacles of student is to find a thesis topic. After taking up academics requirement for graduate students, they should make a thesis or dissertation. Now the problem is they don’t know what will be the best topic for their thesis.
In finding a thesis topic, you should first identify what subject or topic will interest you and will definitely love and enjoy the topic even for the several years. It should be based on your personal preferences and target goal. In this case, you can save time and effort because you already obtain stock knowledge since you are familiar with the topic.
Another way of finding a thesis topic is to become active reader and listener so that you will know the demands of society and eventually you will become familiar the subject matter that is timely. Also, be familiar with the existing thesis or dissertation to become aware with topic ideas and styles. In this way, you will get ideas for your own topic and observe how each thesis is written to answer one basic question with additional sub topic. Also, observe the methodologies use to answer various questions.
If you already know the subject or topic for your topic, it is time to ask for help on adviser. You can talk to professors or other professional and ask them to give a suggestion that you might be able to pursue.
March 12th, 2009 |
One of the hardest parts is choosing your thesis topic. Some spending months even years on this research project because they did know the how to choose a great topic. Choosing a right and meaningful dissertation or thesis topic is a difficult decision to make.
Here are some guidelines to consider when choosing a dissertation or thesis topic:
- Broaden your thinking. Identify different research project and build ideas. Write down ideas so that you will have the time to re-scan ideas and modify ideas that you will have the feeling of not going anywhere.
- Choose the topic that you are interested. As much as possible, choose a topic that you love. You will spend so much time for your research project so it is necessary that you will enjoy what you are doing. Try not influenced by others into writing about a certain topic.
- Be realistic in choosing topic. Don’t think that your research will draw international attention to you. Always consider the fact that you are fulfilling an academic requirement and the idea and the whole research project should be a learning experience to you.
- Pick a topic that is related to your field. Find a topic that will be helpful in your field.
- Select topic that your adviser finds interesting and is knowledgeable about. But also it is possible to change your advisor than changing your topic.
- Find a topic that you already have some expertise. This is not a time to explore a brand new area.
- Select a unique topic. Make sure that your topic has not been done before. Pick an idea that stands out which are original and innovative.
- Choose a manageable topic. Your adviser will help you limit your topic.