August 6th, 2012 | Published in Thesis Writing
I have many friends who are finished in academic requirement but not for their thesis requirement because of difficulty in choosing the right topic for their thesis. Finding a thesis topic is difficult and frustrating. They can’t even think the best topic that will get an approval that’s why I would like to give tips on how to pick up thesis topic.
The following are some tips on selecting thesis topics according to my adviser.
- Know your major interest based on your personal experiences that are important and meaningful to you. Select a topic you always love.
- Identify the kind of data or information you would like to study. Also, make sure that your adviser is knowledgeable about your chosen topic.
- Think of some theories you want to prevent and also some literature you are intrigue or curious.
- Recognize the career goals you want to pursue. Select a topic that will helpful in your career path or in your field of specialization.
- Narrow your selected topic. If the topic is too broad, you will be spending too much time gathering piles of information but not sure if these data will be used. Let your topic manageable.
- Make sure that the topic you selected is unique and original.
- Select a topic that can be used in future studies and advancement.